Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jesus Loves Peru

Man! I'm so excited, I get to go to the States and visit my friends and my FAMILY. I have been here in Peru for about 7 1/2 months so far. I will be going to the States in less than a week and will be staying there for 2 months to spend time with family, friends and to recharge/reboot/fill-up/rest.... What ever you wanna call it, then I come back and hit the ground running again. Being here I've seen how Jesus really not only wants to transform a person, but a nation in it self.


Whether I'm in the slums of Lima, Peru where you see so many homeless people, houses made out of cartons or flimsy boards, houses stacked right next/on-top of each other, where perversion runs rampant. Or in the fancy part of Lima, where all the people with money live and enjoy life, where they live in excess and have servants for everything so they don't have to lift a finger for anything. Or in North Peru in Chiclayo, Mancora, or Piura where its all desert like, where the heat is so intense that its unbearable because A/C is not really used in ALL of PERU at all! It's rare to go to a restaurant, a building, a store, and less likely a home with A/C... I see a nation that cry's out for a saviour, wanting deliverance, wanting to be connected to a God that gives life, blessings and health, but their idols don't move, talk, or hear. They find hope it in the wrong places. A nation that's dry, where naturally and spiritually there really isn't many springs of life giving water where they can drink from.


Everyone is the same poor, rich, fat, skinny, woman, man, child or adult. They all have a God shaped hole that only He can fill, it's the same everywhere. And as I spend time here and have the many privileges to share the gospel. The compassion of Christ becomes overwhelming, even though it's my body, I know Jesus THROUGH me is ministering love to them. He is wooing them, winning them over, and the sad part is that some eventually miss it. But as I stand on the other side watching all this unfold, I see the devil's plan to destroy their life, to keep them bound, confused them, to get them to offended. Or he wrap's them in this religious mind set, but really it's just generations of demonic stronghold. Witchcraft is something very common and something that is dealt with here. It's weird because when you go into these small towns like Chiclayo, Piura you feel the oppression and the heaviness, the attack and the resistance, but you just have to persevere and fight through it.


Peru, like almost literally all the nations of the world is need for a desperate move of God. Please keep this nation in prayer, there is so much potential here. The people are great, their so loving, they give freely even when they have nothing, they are just simple people with a simple mindset.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ON ANOTHER NOTE:

These past few years on my spare time I have taken pictures of random things in every day life, it's something I've always enjoyed, there's just something about capturing everyday moments. I really never said anything about it, nor was I open about it. But this past month I have been open about it. And I've done some research and would like to update cameras. I have a small regular Sony "point-and-shoot" 10 megapix pocket cam, but ready to take it to the next level, like "dslr" stuff. I'm not asking for money, but I' am asking for YOUR PRAYERS.... I'm trying to save up money and hopefully before I leave the States at the end of April I would of been able to get the camera. So pray along side with me, that Jesus would bring in the provision and means for this camera. The cost of the camera is about $750 with taxes and shipping cost, and the memory disk for a type of cam like this would be about $30-40. So I need to come up with $775-90... Considering if the store I go to has it in stock, then no shipping is needed and depending of the brand of memory disk I buy. This camera will benefit me greatly during my time here in Peru. Your PRAYER'S are very much needed... This is something obviously out of my reach and not something I can do on my own, only HE can bring the provision.
Here is more info about the camera .... If you like cameras and taking pictures then hopefully you enjoy these links here..... : )

This is stuff about the camera in general:


These are videos of the product, it does some amazing stuff check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrYXjtrI40 <--- Sweep Panorama (LOVE this feature)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2YdUqNMk-M <--- Video & Pictures from the "Sony Alpha NEX-5" Look at the amazing quality on those videos and specially the pictures.





Blessings to all of you... :)
Ciao!