Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

(SIGH) Finally, the week is over!

So this past week me and Jose have been leading a one week long "Internship/program/Encounter God Weekend" with 5 of the youth leaders here in the church.


I have to say that it was pretty AMAZING! As always with "Encounter God Weekends" they come in one way and come out another way. For those of you who don't know what "Encounter God Weekends" is, it's....

Well it's a weekend dedicated solely to Jesus, allowing him to work in your heart, it's being confronted with the un-forgiveness in your life, with the hurts caused by fathers, rejection, addictions, hidden sin, hurts by family members in your life. It's a weekend where addictions are broken COLD TURKEY. It's a weekend where God pours his love so much on you that you are forced to respond. To boil it all down it's a weekend where Jesus CONFRONTS your heart.

As I was saying.... This weekend was very confrontational, very moving, very powerful, and LIBERATING for the 5 guys! As always during these Encounters there is always something someone wants to get rid off and burn it. Stuff that they know is hindering them to fully serve God.
Burning stuff !

It's very awesome to see the Holy Spirit come and set the captives free, and fill the dry hearts with Himself. It was very important for these leaders to experience this, they needed a fresh revelation/understanding of  Jesus and what was done for them. They needed to see the "Cross" and understand certain things. So they now in return can teach people what they have learned and reproduced this one week thing next time it rolls around.

It was awesome because at the end of the week the after the guys got delivered and set free by JESUS. We took them to the beach at midnight to get water baptized. Keep in mind that right now winter is almost ending here in Peru so the water was in the high 50's or low 60's. But that did not stop Jose and I. The nearest beach is like 20 minutes away and it was around midnight. Here is a few pictures!




Even though this past week consisted of early mornings, long nights and MANY sessions; and even though this past Friday after  the Internship I was EXHAUSTED. It was very rewarding knowing that I poured all I had into these guys. What a privilege God has given me to serve these guys here in Peru. People are waiting for a move of God to happen in their life and they don't even know it. Which means they are waiting for someone to step up and cause change to happen, someone to SHOW them Jesus. Many people have a sense or an understanding of "Jesus", but they really don't even know.

Now that this week is over ALL of my focus will be going to create an event called "Hell Night" for Halloween. I won't give clues or hints of anything, but it's going to be so awesome, we hope to scare the "Hell" (literally) out of them. Oh! Also I had the privilege to give the "Tithe and Offering" Message, I'm not going to lie, I was very nervous, I still need to work on my "Peruvian Spanish" and their slangs. Also I was also excited so I was talking fast (so i was told) so next time I need to take it easy. It's a learning process and IM LEARNING.

I also want to mention wether Jesus heals cancer, tumors, headaches, stomach aches, colds, coughs, or neck pains. It's all healings done by the Holy Spirit it  should not be looked down on because it's not a "big" thing like cancer or tumors. It's all Jesus and the gospel should not be downplayed! Jesus heals!

{Prayer's}

-Souls for Jesus! (For the Peruvian people)
- People here to continue to be transformed.
-For more healings to manifest
-NONE of me, and ALL of HIM!
-Pray for us, that we can be effective in preaching the gospel and that nothing is watered down or forgotten as we bring the good news about a saviour to the Peruvian people!
-Financial Support!
-Continual favor and safety!