Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Been One Year

A year ago today I was walking off the plane into Peruvian soil. Wow...

I remember when Pastor Jose and Kathryn, their two boys Logan (6) and Tim (5) and I landed in Lima. We GAVE away everything, our cars, our furniture, our appliances, our house decorations, our TV's, you name it, we gave it away. I left my secure job, my mom, my ENTIRE family, school, my 'American Dream', friends, all and every comfort. Between the 5 of us we packed our lives into 23 suitcases and headed into the unknown. When we started walking towards the van that was picking us up, I thought to myself, "This is it, this is my new home, this is where I will live the rest of my life, in Peru"
Ps.Jose, Kathryn and the boys
Us walking around Lima the 1st day

This past year of my life has been a TREMENDOUS stretching. I have been put in situations where I have never been and have gotten the privilege to do things I've never done before. Since I've been here these are A FEW  things that I've gotten to do, experience, had to live, or areas I've personally have been tested in.

1) Live in a third world country (Peru)
2) Visit Ecuador and Colombia
3) Found out I have a 2 medical condition called Gout and Osteoarthritis. Plus a few months in physical therapy.
4) Had the privileged of mentoring a group of young men for a year that CHANGED MY LIFE. In a few weeks I will moving to another city, but sons will always be son's no matter where you go. Literally most of my focus has been on pouring out my everything into their life.
5) Had the awesome experience/privilege to see Jesus provide continually, even when we where down to zero on cash and sometimes had nothing to eat, Jesus till this day continues to provide in a way that I've never knew.
6) Had the privileged to minister at a youth conference and many youth events.
7) Raise someone from the dead.........................j/k NOT YET! LOL

Anyway, these are just a few things, there is SO MUCH that falls under these 6 points, as well as the points not listed. But that's just a SMALL glimpse in what God is doing.

I CAN say that I am a different person, in serving Jesus I have found out so much about ME, there has been such a push by the Holy Spirit to mature and grow in many areas. This past year has been invested, not spent/wasted, but invested. In COUNTLESS days of intercession and praying, travailing in prayer, crying out to God like never before, sleepless nights or crying my self to sleep (yes, I'm being open and honest), depending on him for the little things in life, like money for haircut, food, hot water, bus fare, things that used to come so easy, now seem like obstacles, I literally have depended on him for the simple things in life, not luxuries, SIMPLE THINGS. I've learned that life as a missionary is very very very challenging, but by His grace I'm doing it, I have experienced tons of loneliness here in Lima, in life as well as in ministry, but in that valley I've gained a FRIENDSHIP, and that friendship is with Jesus, this relationship with Jesus is seriously key for me. 

I've learned to give my all to Jesus, my personal ambitions and goals, desires and wants, seriously mean NOTHING, and like the apostle said in  

Phillipians 3:8,
"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ."
I have become kingdom minded and kingdom focused, souls matter to me, JESUS MATTERS TO ME. I don't care if I don't accomplish my wants and needs in life, I want to accomplish HIS WILL. I've learned that my life IS and WILL continue to be pleasing to Jesus. If I don't see my family ever again, if I don't get married, if I am murdered for the gospel and for professing Jesus, it doesn't matter. I died to my self a long time ago, 

Galatians 2:20 says, 


"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

This scripture is real to me, I' m wrecked, my life is ruined and my love is Jesus' and He is my hearts desire. If you get anything from this blog, get this, live a life of total abandonment to Jesus.... That's it, it's simple but yet complicated.

So let's fast forward to today. We are moving to Piura, Peru in about 3 1/2 weeks to begin our church plant. I' am super excited, this is what I was literally made for. Soon we will have a church where we will be bringing the good news of Jesus' goodness. Preaching Christ and Him crucified.

Also Ps. Kathryn is about 14 or so weeks pregnant, keep her in prayer, continue to pray for her health and the baby's health. 
This is her baby bump

So I leave you with that. My year has been completely wrecked, filled with pain, joy, adventure, and countless blessings. In a few weeks we move, to do a church plant and do what God called us to do. And in Feb. Kathryn will have a baby. Keep our 5 member mission team in prayer (soon to be 6 with the baby) and continue praying for us, we believe this second year of our lives will be another level of glory for Jesus. 

Pray constantly for:
- All of our health's, so we are more than able to do his work.
- Supernatural provision.
- For the Holy Spirit to draw men and women to HIS church
- For Peru as a nation
- For miracles signs and wonders
- For protection and safety for EVERY MEMBER of our ''Peru Missions Team''
- And now also, pray for our church "Power House Peru", for it's members and their spiritual growth, maturity, and their faith.

I want to personally thank every individual person who has given through our church, my personal bank account our on the top with the PayPal "Donate" button to our mission here in Peru. Every single dollar has been greatly appreciated. Thank you for giving into God's kingdom and know that you are investing in SOULS here in Peru. Many in heaven one day will thank you because of it.


Blessings!
Once we move to Piura into our new home and once we get wifi I will post my next blog.


I leave you with this song that is in my spirit right now, please 
click the link BELOWand watch/listen to this song.


CLICK HERE-- To go to YouTube and watch "When I Think About the Lord"