Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Moving Forward!

Ok, so I know it's been about 2 weeks since I have blogged. I've been super super super busy. 
But here it goes......

So every Monday we have been going into this school and have been having the privilege of sharing Jesus with the kids. Since this is the first time that the church here has really gone into school we are doing this as a "pilot" to see how things go by the end of the year. Right now we are averaging about 50-65 students, all teenagers from 15-18 yrs. old. Here are some pictures of the school/students/and set-up.

Settin Up chairs

Kids being attentive

School Yard

Prayer Works!!!!

Before everything started
CHANGING SUBJECT---->>>>

So last week a local church here in Lima, Peru called "Camino de Vida" (Pastored by Robert Barriger) hosted a conference about creativity. The conference was called "La Sal" (The Salt) and it focused on 3 areas 1) Worship, 2) Media, 3) Coordinator ...

This conference was a real eye opener, they really focused on how your creativity, witty ideas, and inventions can help your ministry move forward and thus advancing the Kingdom of God. It was great to know that as a creative person I DO have a part and a role to play in the ministry. The body of Christ does vary.

Made out of card-board and newspaper... Awesome!

Some of the people that went

Aaaaaaannnnnddddd a Mexican Mariachi band playing outside the church, lol random!

This was a wall they made, but you could go and paint on it and change colors on it.
The sign says, "We are the salt of this world".

CHANGING SUBJECT---->>>>>

Couple of days ago we had an event here at church with the youth called "Noche de Infierno" (Hell Night) alot of you are familiar with that. 

Here are some pics!

People flooding in.... PACKED HOUSE!

Mariela doing 1st skit

Some girls at the end of the night did a few few dance routines.

Extended worship

 
Fe Aguayo. She did great.

Over all it went great at the end of the night 33 people gave their life to Jesus. Funny thing was that a couple (parents) got UPSET because their 2 kids were in tears and gave their life to Jesus. Crazy! They should of been happy for the change in their hearts. 

Making this event happen was very stressful and tiring. The reason was because I proposed the idea of doing this, they have never done anything like this before, it was hard to get people to do things that they have never done. Getting people to support your vision is not easy, but the event was such a success that the head pastors here said, "We are gonna do it every year now, and make it a "La Casa Del Padre" classic"... That's the church's name. Amen! For fruit that remains!

Changing Subject---->>>

So About me:

I've been running full speed non-stop, I'm not going to lie. It's tiring and trust me, I FEEL THE STRETCHING, and it doesn't feel good at all! Im going to be real open with you guys and I'm gonna ask that you guys keep me in prayer because even though its great that I'm doing God's work, it's not easy, there's a lot of sacrifice that takes place that not many will understand unless you have gone throu it as well. I know that Jesus is faithful and enough for me and he DOES re-new my strength, but your prayers, support (spiritually /financially) are very much needed... I know that I CANT do it on my own strength (and i not going to try) and I know it HAS to be the Holy Spirit (which it has been only him) or else I burn out (which I haven't because I have been in His presence)....

Changing Subject---->

This next week we are having a youth conference called "Sobredosis" (Overdose).... The week after that we (Jose/Kat/the boys/and I) travel north to Piura,Peru AND Cuenca, Ecuador, I'm excited for the opportunities and privileges Jesus has given me. I say this all the time and I will continue saying it, "I have done nothing to deserve this."  But no matter what happens or how weak I feel I know I need to move forward, I can't slow down, or quit, that's not an option. FORWARD!!!!


Keep us in prayer, we NEED your prayers, we need you to hold our arms up like Moses' arms were held up.

Your comments are appreciated

-Victor Cetina.